An instant photography project focused on (literally) things and their shadows. Exploring the shapes and symbols, textures, highlights, and gloom created when light strikes one thing or things, and casts its/their shadow(s) on the surface(s) beyond it/them…
shad·ow / SHadō / noun
- A dark area or shape produced by a body coming between rays of light and a surface.
- Used in reference to proximity, ominous oppressiveness, or sadness and gloom.
shad·ow / SHadō / verb
- To envelop in shadow; cast a shadow over.
- To follow and observe (someone) closely and secretly.
glyph / glif / noun
- A hieroglyphic character or symbol; a pictograph.
- In architecture, an ornamental carved groove or channel.